Unalaskans Against Sexual Assault & Family Violence (USAFV) held the annual SOUP-OFF Fundraiser & Membership Meeting on Saturday, March 30, and it was a tremendous success, with about 135 people attending the event. USAFV was able to sell more than 80 memberships at the event, and between memberships/entry fees, auction sales, and door prize ticket sales, raised over $15,000 dollars!
Auctioneers Roger Deffendall, Lauren Snyder, and Carlos Tayag, worked the crowd, charming them into raising their bids, and reminding them of the important services that USAFV provides to the community.
Judges for the Soup-Off included Mayor Frank Kelty, John Lucking, Thomas Thomas, Jill Ross, Sunja Maxwell, and James Vuong. Local chefs entered twenty-one delicious soups, stews, chowders and chilis, and winners in each category are listed below.
USAFV would like to thank the community for their continued support!
· Vegetarian – Radek Kadoun, for his Sweet Potato & Coconut Milk soup
· Exotic – Pam & Bill Homka, for their Zoopa Tuscana soup
· Soups, Stews, & Chowders AND Best Presentation – Delta Bedard, for her Po Boys Jambalaya soup
· Chili – Richard Pechin, for his Piggy Pot chili
· World’s Best Chicken Soup – Erin Enlow, for her Poblano Chicken & Rice soup