Since RavnAir Group's PenAir plane crash in October, Unalaskans haven't been able to use Alaska Airlines miles to book flights to or from Anchorage. Now, City Manager Erin Reinders has hope the airlines are nearing a deal that'll let travelers use their stockpiled miles rather than shell out cash or forgo trips . "I don't have a date. They don't have a date," said Reinders. "But once some things get worked out between Ravn and Alaska, they want to move forward with allowing Alaska Airlines...
This month's episode of Happy Healthy Unalaska discussed grief. Host M. Lynn Crane was joined by Delta Bedard, a Behavioral Health Clinician at the Oonalaska Wellness Center. They discussed the stages of grief, coping mechanisms, and local resources. Happy Healthy Unalaska is a radio discussion program that is produced by Unalaskans Against Sexual Assault and Family Violence and KUCB Radio.
- Unalaska Visitors Bureau Regular Board Meeting: Tuesday, February 18 2020, 5:30 p.m.
- School Board Meeting: Wednesday, February 19 2020, 7 p.m.
- Amaknak Formerly Used Defense Site Public Meeting: Wednesday, February 19 2020, 6 p.m.
- Researching the Wildest Isles: A Talk at MOTA: Thursday, February 20 2020, 6 p.m.
- Free Tax Preparation: Friday, February 21 2020 - Sunday, February 23 2020