Divers, a tug vessel, and a crane barge crew from Resolve Marine were able to remove a LifeMed medevac plane from Unalaska Bay on Monday. It had been in the water since it crashed near the airport last week . The three-person air ambulance crew was en route to pick up a medevac patient in Adak when the King Air Beechcraft aircraft went into the water about 100 feet northwest of the end of the Unalaska Airport runway on Jan. 16. The LifeMed pilot, paramedic, and nurse were all rescued from a...
Irene ‘Honey’ Marie McGlashan passed away peacefully on January 9, 2020 with family by her side. She was born to the late Stepon and Marie Bear on April 27, 1943 in Belkofsky, Alaska. During her life, she worked as a cook, a paralegal, and for 21 years before retirement as a community health aide. She raised her five children in Akutan, Port Lions, and in Unalaska for the last 45 years. Irene loved her life, living in the Aleutian Islands. She took much pride in her career as a community...
- LISTEN: Alaska Gov. Dunleavy remains skeptical of cutting PFD, and says he’s still pursuing campaign agenda
- An Anchorage attorney made a fortune fighting Big Oil in Alaska court. Now he’s funding the campaign to raise their taxes.
- This Southeast Alaska town has convened a task force to deal with its marauding, dumpster-flipping bears
- Aleutian Birders Club Informational Meeting : Wednesday, January 22 2020, 6 p.m.
- KUCB Board Meeting: Wednesday, January 22 2020, 5:30 p.m.
- School Board Meeting: Wednesday, January 22 2020, 7 p.m. - Wednesday, January 22 2020
- Aleutian Arts Council Tacky Party & Membership Meeting: Saturday, January 25 2020, 6 p.m.
- Salt: An Adult Story-telling Event : Thursday, January 30 2020, 6 p.m. - Thursday, January 30 2020, 8 p.m.