After causing extensive flooding and record rainfall in Japan, former typhoon Hagibis is generating strong winds and stormy weather across the Bering Sea and Aleutian Islands. The National Weather Service has clocked high winds above 50 miles per hour around the region. Forecasters have also issued a storm warming for much of coastal southwest Alaska, including Unalaska Bay. Meanwhile, Unalaska's Department of Public Safety has issued a travel advisory for the community. "There is a category...
Thanks to the generosity of supporters near and far, KUCB's 2019 Pledge Drive broke all of the station's previous fundraising records. The fall membership event raised more than $43,000 at a time when the station needs local support more than ever, due to the elimination of state funding. In addition to the community's tremendous contributions, the Oct. 4 fundraiser was also memorable for a lengthy and unexpected power outage, which interrupted the on-air drive for about four hours. The...
- School Picture Day!: Thursday, October 17 2019
- A History of the Aleutians: Friday, October 18 2019 - Saturday, October 26 2019
- Equation for Change – Student Workshop: Saturday, October 19 2019, 2 p.m.
- Pumpkin Plunge : Saturday, October 26 2019, 6:30 p.m. - Saturday, October 26 2019, 8:30 p.m.
- Haunted House: Saturday, October 26 2019, 8 p.m. - Saturday, October 26 2019, 10 p.m.