Due to concerns over spreading coronavirus, many public facilities in Unalaska have been closed, and events cancelled or postponed. Below is a list of closures that we know of. This list will be updated as we receive additional information.
- Unalaska City School District—Closed through the end of current school year
- Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV)—Closed until further notice. Online resources available at DMV website
- UAF Unalaska Learning Center—Closed to public. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 907-581-1876 for more information regarding online courses
- City Buildings—Closed to public, with exception of Department of Public Safety lobby
- Qawalangin Tribe Recycling Program - On hold until further notice
- Local Bars and Restaurants-Closed to public (Takeout, delivery options available—call ahead)
- Safeway—Offering special hours for seniors only on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7 a.m. until 9 a.m.
- Department of Parks, Culture, and Recreation (PCR)— Community Center, Library, and Aquatics Center closed to public
- Unalaska’s Clinic (Iliuliuk Family and Health Services)—Call ahead
- Unalaska Senior Center—Lunch program closed to public
- Museum of the Aleutians—Closed to public
- Unalaskans Against Sexual Assault and Family Violence (USAFV)—Shelter and crisis lines are available. Call before coming to the shelter. 581-1500
- GCI has adjusted store hours throughout the state. Find up-to-date store hours online: https://www.gci.com/covid-19/store-closures
If you have a closure to add to this list, please email Maggie@kucb.org