Unalaska's high school auditorium was packed with an enthusiastic audience last Friday for a much-anticipated talent show. The event was organized as a fundraiser for the Class of 2022, and sponsored by OptimERA, Inc. and Aleutian Chiropractic.
The event organizers required performers to rehearse this year, and the extra work showed. The judges commented that it was very difficult to pick winners because everyone was so talented. They awarded all of the performers with a "gold" chocolate bar.
Additional prizes went to the following participants:
- 1st — JR Go
- 2nd — Kayla Villamor and Jadrey Reynon
- Most Balanced (piano and singing) — Hannah Vowell
- Best Dance — Lil' Avocado 6, Angel Acosta Perez, Lucy Bagley, Khian Rafer, Rhiley Toreno, and RJ Dumo
- Best Rocker — JD Vitug
- Crowd Favorite — Dianna Pacquiao
- Honorable Mention — Len Mina and Gyneth Ubasa
- Honorable Mention — Elyssameri Diaz and Vanessa Go
- Honorable Mention — The Twinzies: Ylah Dayonot and Railin Marquez
- Honorable Mention — Tres Chicas: Rosan Ioane, Sophitia LaVoy, and Natahlie Namasivayam
A highlight of the event was the surprise performance by Unalaska City School District (UCSD) teachers and staff. They took to the stage wearing self-portrait bobblehead masks, and performed a dance choreographed by 8th grader Jacey Morris.
The Class of 2022 would like to thank event sponsors OptimEra and Aleutian Chiropractic, the Unalaska City School District, Mr. Wilson, Karie Wilson, Brenden McEldery, Matt Lightner, UCSD Maintenance Department, and class advisors Ms. Morris and Ms. Jarvis.
If you missed the Talent Show, check out a highlights reel on KUCB's Facebook page, or tune in to Channel 8 TV on March 11 and 13 at 7 p.m. for a rebroadcast of the program in its entirety.