Unalaskans Against Sexual Assault & Family Violence (USAFV) held the annual SOUP-OFF Fundraiser & Membership Meeting on Saturday, March 24, and it was a tremendous success, with about 120 people attending the event. USAFV was able to sell more than 90 memberships at the event, and between memberships/entry fees, auction sales, and door prize ticket sales, they raised over $18,000 dollars!
Auctioneers Shawna Rudio, Mary Heimes, and Roger Deffendall worked the crowd, charming them into raising their bids, and reminding them of the important services that USAFV provides to the community.
Judges for the Soup-Off included Mayor Frank Kelty, Dr. Megan Sarnecki, Joni Scott, Riley SpetzTheresa Unger and Brian Conwell. Winners of the competition can be found below.
USAFV would like to thank the community for their continued support!
· Vegetarian – Linda Lekanoff, for her Icy Spring Strawberry Soup
· Exotic AND Best Presentation – Connor Aakervik, for his Western Dawn Pho
· Soups, Stews, Chowders, & Chilis – Rose Sevilla, for her Arroz Caldo Chichon & Rice
· Heart Healthy – Brett Richardson, for his Mrs. Potatohead Spinach Soup
· Seafood – Billie Jo Gehring, for her Oh! The Chowder